Friday, June 27, 2014

It's Sunny in Philadelphia..

...it is indeed a beautiful day in the City of Brotherly Love with the 2014 NHL Draft less than 10 hours away. 

I'll be weaving my way through Philadelphia today, posting updates before hunkering down at Wells Fargo Center tonight for the first round. Maybe I'll even run into some Penguins fans along the way.

After a trip down Kelly Drive and passing Boathouse Row, I've come across this guy....


...though Philadelphians will mention the likes of Steve Carlton, Bobby Clarke, Allen Iverson or Donovan McNabb, the city's most notorious athlete may actually be Rocky Balboa. And he's fictional.

Of course, he ran up these...


Yeah, I ran up these enough when I was a youth. Though I did see that some of the top prospects of this year's draft completed the final portion "Rocky Run" yesterday, I'll take a pass. 


A casual walk to the top was in order though, as this remains one of the iconic landscapes in the city. While I'm tempted to pop into the museum itself and check out the Frank Gehry exhibit, it's time to move on. Where to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment